We may earn an affiliate commission for purchases using our links at no added cost to you. Learn more.
Picture this – it’s laundry day, and you’re ready to tackle that mountain of clothes, but your trusty old washing machine just isn’t cutting it anymore. Fear not, my friend! You don’t need a fortune to find a top-notch top load washer. In fact, we’ve uncovered the secret to washing away your worries with our list of the best top load washers under $700.
These budget-friendly machines are not only easy on your wallet but also boast impressive features and performance. Imagine whisper-quiet operation, energy efficiency, and enough capacity to handle your family’s endless supply of laundry. With our curated selection, you can confidently trade in your worn-out washer for a modern, reliable, and affordable alternative.
Get ready to transform your laundry game and leave the days of wrestling with stubborn stains and clunky machines behind.
Our Top Choices in a Blink
- LG Electronics 5 Cu. Ft. Top Load Washer in White with Impeller
- LG Electronics 4.3 Cu Ft. Large Capacity Top Load Washer
- Maytag 4.5 Cu Ft. Top Load White Washer
- Samsung 4.5 Cu. Ft. Top Load Washer
- GE 4.2 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer with Agitator
Factors to Consider When Buying Top Load Washers
If you’re in the market for a top load washer under $700, you have plenty of options to choose from. However, with so many different brands and models available, it can be challenging to decide which one is the best fit for your needs. In this buyer’s guide, we’ll discuss the essential factors to consider when shopping for a top load washer in this price range.
One of the most crucial factors to consider when buying a top load washer is the capacity. Capacity refers to how much laundry the machine can hold, and it’s usually measured in cubic feet. If you have a large family or wash a lot of bulky items like comforters, you’ll want to look for a machine with a larger capacity. However, keep in mind that a larger capacity machine may also be more expensive.
Another crucial factor to consider is the energy efficiency of the machine. Look for a washer that is Energy Star certified, which means it meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. An energy-efficient machine will not only save you money on your energy bill but also reduce your carbon footprint.
Most top load washers come with a variety of wash settings, including delicate, permanent press, and heavy-duty. Look for a machine that offers the wash settings you need for your specific laundry needs. If you have a lot of delicate items, you’ll want a washer with a gentle cycle, and if you have tough stains to remove, look for a machine with a heavy-duty cycle.
The noise level of a top load washer is also an important factor to consider. If you have an open floor plan or frequently do laundry at night, you’ll want a machine that operates quietly. Look for a machine with a low decibel rating, which indicates that it operates quietly.
When buying a top load washer, it’s also essential to consider the reputation of the brand. Look for a brand with a good reputation for quality and customer service. You can research brands online or ask for recommendations from friends and family.
Compare Top-Rated Washing Machines
The LG Electronics WT7150CW is a 5 Cu. Ft. top load washer in white with impeller and TurboDrum technology that offers a complete but gentler clean. With its mega capacity, it allows you to do laundry in fewer loads, and the deep clean you already expect from LG top load washers plus a deep fill option to add extra water to any cycle with the touch of a button. The washer features LG 6Motion technology, which uses up to 6 different wash motions to get clothes cleaner and help them last longer.
The SmartDiagnosis feature helps diagnose problems over the phone or with a simple app on your smartphone, minimizing costly, inconvenient service calls. Additionally, the LG TrueBalance anti-vibration system is designed to reduce washer noise and vibration for smooth, quiet performance. The washer also has a clear lid that allows you to watch your washer in action, uninterrupted, and the convenient SlamProof Lid automatically closes and firmly holds itself at certain angles, thanks to its smooth-operating hydraulic hinge.
What We Like:
- Mega capacity for doing laundry in fewer loads
- LG 6Motion technology that uses up to 6 different wash motions for a deeper clean
- SmartDiagnosis feature for easy problem diagnosis and minimizing service calls
- LG TrueBalance anti-vibration system for smooth and quiet performance
- Clear lid and SlamProof Lid for convenient use
Points of Concern:
- The washer is a top load design, which may not be suitable for those who prefer front-load washers.
- The deep fill option may use more water, which could affect water and energy bills.
- The washer’s 15-minute speedwash cycle may not be enough for heavily soiled loads.
The LG Electronics WT7005CW is a top-load washer with a 4.3 cu. ft. capacity and a 4-way agitator. It features TurboDrum technology and a NeveRust drum for a powerful and gentle clean. With a variety of wash motions and a deep fill option, this washer is designed to tackle even the toughest laundry loads quickly and efficiently. The stainless steel drum is durable and won’t damage clothes, while the TrueBalance anti-vibration system reduces noise and vibration for quiet operation.
Additionally, the SlamProof Lid closes and holds itself at certain angles, and the SmartDiagnosis feature helps troubleshoot any issues that may arise. With a 10-year limited warranty on the direct drive motor, this washer is a reliable and long-lasting choice for any home.
What We Like:
- Large capacity for big loads
- 4-way wash action for thorough cleaning
- Multiple wash motions for optimal cleaning
- Cold Wash technology for energy savings
- Speedwash cycle for quick refreshes
Points of Concern:
- Top-load washers may not be suitable for all users
- Some users may prefer front-load washers for their efficiency
- Price may be higher compared to other top-load washers on the marke
The Maytag MVW4505MW 4.5 cu. ft. Top Load Washer in White is a powerful and durable machine that is designed to handle tough loads. With a deep fill option, Power agitator, and extra rinse options, this washer is built to fight stains and leave clothes clean. The machine also has a 10-year limited parts warranty on the drive motor and wash basket, ensuring that it will last for years to come.
The stainless steel wash basket is sturdy and designed to handle years of use, while the automatic temperature controls and hung spring damper suspension system ensure that each load is cleaned efficiently.
What We Like:
- Deep Fill option allows for more water when needed, making it easier to saturate and soak tough loads
- Quick Wash cycle cleans small, lightly soiled loads in just 30 minutes
- Power agitator and 360° wash action effectively remove stubborn stains
- Large 4.5 cu. ft. capacity is ideal for tackling big loads of laundry
- Automatic temperature controls ensure that each load is cleaned efficiently
Points of Concern:
- The Bulky Items cycle is only available with the deepest water level, limiting its versatility
- The high-spin speeds of the Quick Wash cycle may not be suitable for delicate fabrics
- The machine does not have a steam function, which may be a drawback for some users.
The Samsung WA45T3200AW 4.5 cu. ft. Top Load Washer with Impeller and Vibration Reduction in White is a high-capacity washing machine that reduces laundry time and noise with its Vibration Reduction Technology+. Equipped with a Self Clean feature, it eliminates dirt and bacteria from the drum to keep the washer fresh and clean. The washer’s soft-close lid ensures safe and quiet operation, while the extra high water level setting ensures thorough soaking of laundry.
The washer also features Smart Care, which allows for easy troubleshooting from a smartphone, and a diamond drum interior that treats fabrics gently to extend clothing life. The machine comes with dispenser trays for main wash, softener, and bleach, and a child lock feature that prevents mid-cycle changes.
What We Like:
- Large 4.5 cu. ft. capacity for fewer loads and less time in the laundry room
- Vibration Reduction Technology+ reduces noise and vibration for quiet washing
- Self Clean feature eliminates dirt and bacteria to keep the washer fresh and clean
- Smart Care allows for easy troubleshooting from a smartphone
- Diamond drum interior treats fabrics gently to extend clothing life
Points of Concern:
- No mention of energy efficiency rating or water consumption
- No mention of compatibility with pedestal stands for easier loading and unloading
- Some users may prefer front-loading machines for easier access to laundry.
The GE GTW335ASNWW is a top load washer with an agitator designed and built by GE Appliances, a company that aims to improve people’s lives at home by providing quality appliances. It has a large capacity of 4.2 cu. ft. and boasts a deep clean cycle that provides 67% more cleaning power than the most commonly used cycle, among other features like PreciseFill for water level/load size and deep rinse.
The heavy-duty agitator thoroughly cleans every load, while the stainless steel basket resists rust and won’t chip, peel, or snag clothes. It also has 11 wash cycles, 6 water temperatures, and a 700 RPM spin speed to minimize drying time. The machine is 44 in. H x 27 in. W x 27 in. D and comes with a limited 1-year entire appliance warranty.
What We Like:
- Large capacity of 4.2 cu. ft.
- Deep clean cycle with 67% more cleaning power
- PreciseFill for water level/load size
- Heavy-duty agitator for thorough cleaning
- Stainless steel basket that resists rust and won’t chip, peel, or snag clothes
Points of Concern:
- No mention of energy efficiency rating
- No information on noise level during operation
Answers to Common Questions
Why should I choose a top load washing machine over a front load washing machine?
There are several advantages to choosing a top load washing machine over a front load washing machine. Top load washing machines are generally more affordable and easier to load and unload laundry. They also tend to have a shorter wash cycle and use less water. Additionally, top load washing machines often have a larger capacity, which means you can wash more clothes at once.
What features should I look for when choosing a top load washing machine?
When choosing a top load washing machine, there are several features you should consider. Look for a machine with a large capacity, as this will allow you to wash more clothes at once. You should also look for a machine with multiple wash cycle options, as this will give you more control over how your clothes are washed. Other features to consider include energy efficiency, noise level, and the ability to customize your wash settings.
How do I clean and maintain my top load washing machine?
To keep your top load washing machine running smoothly, it’s important to clean and maintain it regularly. You should clean the inside of the machine at least once a month by running an empty cycle with hot water and a cup of white vinegar. This will help remove any buildup or residue inside the machine. You should also regularly clean the lint filter and check the hoses for any signs of wear or damage. If you notice any issues with your machine, such as leaks or strange noises, it’s important to address them right away to prevent further damage.
What are some common problems that can occur with top load washing machines?
While top load washing machines are generally reliable and durable, there are a few common problems that can occur. One of the most common issues is an unbalanced load, which can cause the machine to vibrate or shake excessively. Another common problem is a clogged drain, which can prevent the machine from draining properly. Other issues to watch out for include leaks, strange noises, and problems with the controls or display. If you experience any of these issues, it’s important to address them promptly to prevent further damage to your machine.
Marsha Washmore is a passionate writer with a keen interest in all things appliances. When she’s not discussing the latest kitchen gadgets or home appliances, Marsha enjoys exploring the great outdoors and spending time with her family. Marsha is dedicated to helping readers make informed decisions about their household appliances.